Partner | Sydney Office
+61 2 9390 8326
Stephen provides advice and representation to businesses across a wide spectrum of industries including; resources, maritime, food, transport, manufacturing, retail, media, registered & licensed clubs, racing and professional services.
He has also represented the interests of Australian businesses during overseas missions and inspections in the timber, food and maritime sectors.
Stephen's experience includes:
- Preparing individual employment contracts and providing assistance in understanding and complying with existing employment contracts.
- Assistance with principle/ contractor and labour hire issues.
- Drafting or reviewing policies and procedures relating to human resource management, pre-employment, employment and employment separation as well as workplace health and safety.
- Advising on employee dispute management techniques, employment counselling and discipline and drafting relevant procedures and workplace mediation.
- Assisting corporate clients with due diligence compliance during the purchase, sale or transfer of businesses.
- Representation during enterprise bargaining and Enterprise Agreement making.
- Advice and representation of employers regarding; industrial disputes, Right of Entry, termination of employment including redundancy and Industrial Award including drafting, variation, interpretation and advice and representation of alleged breaches.
Stephen has a significant depth of knowledge and experience that comes from advising and representing the interest of Australian businesses across a wide range of industries on employment law matters and resolving workplace relations issues for over 35 years.
Stephen also provides his corporate clients with strategic advice on business workforce planning, change management, workplace relations, industrial disputation as well as individual employment issues.