Partner | Melbourne Office
+61 3 9691 1206 | +61 401 676 541
Bettina is a Partner of the Commercial Recovery and Insolvency group in Melbourne. She has over 25 years legal and business experience in commercial litigation, dispute resolution, recovery and insolvency matters.
Highly motivated and adept at quickly understanding business and commercial issues and how best to deal with them, Bettina has a proven track record in resolving commercial disputes. Clients appreciate her dedication, hard work and results orientated approach.
Bettina is a strong advocate of mediation to resolve disputes and is a LEADR trained mediator.
- Advising committees and boards of publicly listed ASX companies and privately held organisations in corporate governance issues.
- Providing governance and compliance advice to executive directors and officers, including director’s duties under common law and The Corporations Act.
- Extensive experience in insolvency litigation and large volume debt recovery work for multi-nationals. Appearances as instructor and counsel in the Federal, Supreme and County Courts, mainly for commercial and contractual issues including a trial in the corporations list, for shareholder oppression, trademark cases, family property disputes and general commercial litigation.
- Retail tenancy and domestic building matters including VCAT appearances, compulsory conferences, hearings and mediations.
- Acting for secured creditors with respect to the appointment of receivers under their security instruments and then those clients to monitor the receivership process including taking any steps necessary to protect our client’s interest in the recovery of its debt.
- Making submissions to Government for a range of issues involving legislation and its effect on the public and practice of law.
- Member of various sub-committees liaising with members of the Victorian Bar and the judiciary in relation to civil procedure in Victoria.
- Certificate of Service, Law Institute of Victoria.
- Contributing author of the “Green Book”, Commercial Court of the Supreme Court – a guide to the practice and procedures of that Court.
- Taking part in a panel discussion on "The Keys to Progression for Women in Law" at the Women In Law Leadership Summit September 2013.
- Member, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member, Appeals Board, Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Chair, Courts Practice Committee – Litigation Sub Committee, Law Institute of Victoria
- Member, Disciplinary Panel, Australian Society of Certified Practising Accountants